Wednesday, May 18, 2011

40 Day Blog Jog - Day 2 - Joanna Cannon

Joanna Cannon is a doctor. With a difference. She has a heart & a very soft one too.
Okay - that might not sound very fair to other doctors, but I for one have often found doctors to be cold and distant. Yes, I know this might have to do with seeing hundreds of people every day and trying to get through all the work and not crying with every person who might be dying, but at least I know without a doubt that Joanna is one of the doctors who is human and I appreciate that she takes the time to tell her stories which are gently profound and moving.

Joanna tells her stories beautifully and has such an exquisite way of putting emotions into words. I don't think there is one story that has not left a lump in my throat or a tear in my eye.
I recommend that you read each and every one.

http://joannacannon.wordpress.com/

3 comments:

  1. Thank you, thank you, thank you. It is certainly going on my list. She's a doctor, a writer, a person with heart and soul. I opened the page of "one day my mother had become old" ....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only just seen this, Nicola. Thank you so much, what a lovely compliment! And thank you for reading, Erika, I'm completely stunned whenever anyone takes the time x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog, Joanna and I love your stories, your writing, your outlook...

    ReplyDelete