Tuesday, May 17, 2011

40 Day Blog Jog - Day 1 - Help! I Need a Publisher!

I'm not selecting the blogs for my 40 Day Blog Jog in any specific order, but I must say, that Nicola Morgan's blog - Help! I Need a Publisher! is certainly one of my favourites. Yes, it is true that she is also known as the Crabbit Old Bat, but don't let that put you off.
I'm sure she can be crabbit. Thankfully I have never experienced that first hand and hope I never do, but in my opinion, her 'crabbitness' is more about her no-nonsense approach to things like writing and getting published, than anything else. She is not a lady to suffer fools. She's going to tell it to you just like it is - no sugar coating (although she might throw in a steady amount of caffeine).
She tells it like you need to know it - straight.

I also want to mention that her book Wasted, which was nominated for the Carnegie Medal,  is one of the most brilliant books I have ever written. Read it.
And if you ever have the chance to attend a workshop or talk given by Nicola - go! It will be time well spent and you will learn what you really need to know about the writing and publishing world.
And don't forget to look at her shoes - she has a fab collection!

http://helpineedapublisher.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

  1. Taking notes. "Wasted" will go on my list. This blog certainly gave me some insight into the world of publishing. (Seems like a nightmare to me)

    ReplyDelete