Thursday, April 7, 2011

30 Day Song Challenge - Day 1 - My Favourite Song

I wasn't even yet a teenager when Southern Cross was released, but the minute I heard the song, I fell in love with it. We were with my father having a barbeque at a friend of his. It was a sunny, but chilly afternoon - I think it might have been autumn, although I can't be sure.

Apparently Stephen Stills wrote this song following a long boat trip he took after his divorce and although I didn't know it at the time, in my young mind I saw a man on a ship, sailing through the day and into the night, tears in his eyes while he looked up at the Southern Cross. It filled me with such profound emotions - emotions I still feel when I listen to it and I would have to say that this is still my favourite song of all time.

3 comments:

  1. I would like to know how this challenge came about. Did you create it yourself or was it a challenge put out by someone else? I used it as a playlist today and am amazed at the amount of work that went into it - i mean: thirty days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the one song i had to play twice, straight away - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know who started the 30 Day Song Challenge, but a lot of bloggers are doing it and it's a fun way to make sure you blog every day and it helps that you know the topic already. I have had so much fun doing this & it's a lot less work than it seems.

    ReplyDelete