Sunday, July 25, 2010

Sometimes I change my mind...

I don't like camping.

My idea of camping is staying in a hotel without a hairdryer. Or without room service. But, the truth is, I don't really like to stay in hotels that much either. It annoys me that when I want to sleep late and forget to put the 'Do Not Disturb' sign hanging outside the door, I'll be awoken by someone from housekeeping who wants to clean the room at a time that does not suit me. I've always felt this a bit of an invasion of privacy too. I've always preferred self catering accommodation, but - I don't know that I feel that way anymore. I've just come back from a 2 week holiday, where there was no housekeeping (unless you count me), no meals just ready to be dished up and made by somebody else, no laundry service (unless you count me, my two hands and the basin)...so - I don't think I like self-catering anymore.
No Sirree!
My next holiday will be serviced accommodation and at least half board. I don't care what we eat, as long as I don't have to make it. I don't care what time housekeeping wants to tidy the room - as long as I don't have to do it! They don't even need to have room service, or a hairdryer. So, I have changed my mind about staying in a hotel, but I must confess - there's no way I'm changing my mind about camping. I'm still not going to do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment